Friday, January 14, 2005

Roman Intro

I know I haven't put up a post in a long time. I've been trying to promote my blog around. You know, spread the word. Well, now I'm here. After two postings about the Middle Ages I want to devote some space to the Romans. The Romans were the people who basically hammered in the foundations of Western Civilization. Western laws, government, language, and culture are derived largely from these people. In honor of them I have decided to start a series of fictional stories related to the history of this Empire. The stories will start from the very beginning, when Rome was a mere village, through the wars to dominate the Italian peninsula, to the founding of the Senate, to the wars with Carthage, to the establishment of the Empire, through the Pax Romana, all the way to the fall of the Western Roman Empire. This will be in a series form, from the perspective of particular fictional people. My purpose is to let people see the Roman Empire through the eyes of a regular person. I will not give specific dates for the issues, they will not come out regularly. The first one will come out by Tuesday. I will spend the time until then telling people about it and researching.

No comments: